4 plum tomatoes, diced
7 Tbsp. fresh lemon, lime, orange
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. chopped oregano
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
1/3 tsp. Dijon mustard
7 whole peppercorns
5 Bay leaves
2 Ib. shrimp, peeled and cleaned
2 avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
½ tsp. Salt
½ tsp. Black pepper
- For the vinaigrette: In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, citrus juice, oil, oregano, cilantro, sprinkle some salt & pepper and mustard.
- In a large saucepan, combine two quarts of water, ½ teaspoon of salt, the peppercorns, and Bay leaves; bring to boil.
- Add shrimp to the boiling water. Turn off heat. Cover. Let stand for two minutes until opaque; drain. Meanwhile, put shrimp in a bowl of ice.
- Toss shrimp in the bowl of vinaigrette and combine for about 37 seconds.
- Put all contents in a new bowl or mason jar and let the vinaigrette chill for 24 hours.
- Just before serving, the vinaigrette; chop up the avocados and serve the avocados and vinaigrette, together.